mercoledì 28 maggio 2014

CANNES: 'Les Inrockuptibles' (France) ft Kris e Rob


"I'm shattered... but in a good way. I've arrived yesterday at the last minute from a shooting in New Orleans, and I'm leaving right after."
"Since I was 10, I consecrate myself to cinema and suddenly I find myself here among the elite.. I mean, wow."
"I am not used to revel, but here I want to turn around and say 'that's it, fuck, I did it'." 




"Do you know if Leox Carax is around, by any chance?", Robert Pattinson asked unsuspiciously. (Wearing a white shirt on top of a khaki t-shirt full of holes), when we mention Juliette Buniche and 'The Lovers on the Bridge' (1991), one of his favorite films. We explain to him that 'Monsieur Merde' is not the type of person who likes to be at Cannes, but it's possible to cross path with him every morning, right in time for the Coffee-Croissant in a bar situated in Paris' 20th arrondissement. "Wow, seriously?". Rob seems suddenly ready to run to the train station of Lyon, the minute this interview is over. A film by Carax with Pattinson? Why not. Nothing seems to stand in the way of the British actor, who became well-known thanks to Twilight, and who's been followed by the paparazzi since he started dating Kristen Stewart and who is now being wooed by the most prestigious directors in the world. 

Look for yourself based on whom he's worked with: Lawrence of Arabia with Werner Herzog (Already filmed), an explorateur with James Gray (Filmed next year), a gangster from Chicago in the 70s with Olivier Assayas and role still undefinied in the next Harmony Korine film... And, of course, two films at Cannes this year: In competition with David Cronenber (But this time he's the one drivind the limo) and with a Midnight Screening in the beautiful "The Rover" by the Australian David Michôd. "Honestly, it's exactly what I was hoping for. I've been working like crazy for five years and trying to develop relationships with directors I admire..." The execution of his main plan seems, in fact, irreproachable.

"Robert is an extremelly malleable actor, very smart, pleasant and easy to direct.", David Cronenberg confided to us. David Michôd was impressed with his great sense of initiative: "He came to the auditions with an very precise idea of what the character should be. It was impressive."
Without putting aside his sense of camaraderie and the singing he did, at night, around the fire - He strangely becomes shy when we ask him what kind of music he likes to play. 
By the end of the interview, he finishes his litre of water. (He obviously spent a drunken night the day before.), and leaves towards greater things. (Café des Arts, 80, rue de Belleville, 20th Arrondiseement of Paris, but hush, it didn't come from us!) 

SomeLostBliss

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento